Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What do i do about adult acne? will going on the pill make it go away? help!?

Take a Zinc vitamin once a day....you will notice a huge difference in about a week.





Also I found these topic face pads that you cleanse your face with. I read about them in a magazine and absolutely fell in love with them. They are called: GlycolixGly-Sal 5%/2% Pads


60 pads are in each container. If you just put the name/percentages in a search engine...you will find several online stores that carry them. They are AMAZING! I have seen them range in price from about 11.50 to about 18.00...so definitely shop around for them.





Other products that I use are C. O. Bigelow. You can find them at Bath and Body Works stores and they range in price from about 10-18 dollars a piece...the good thing about them is that you can use bbw coupons to purchase them. You use small amounts and the average bottle can last you almost 4 months!|||some birth control does help to control acne. If not, you should try that Proactiv. It really works.|||Some adult acne is a result of having too much androgens (male hormones) which can also cause facial hair. I took a certain type of pill (Diane ED) for 10 years and it pretty much got rid of the acne totally as it decreases the amount of androgens. It takes up to 3 months to get maximum effect.


I can no longer take it as I had an increase in migraines at the end of the 10 years and I am now over 40.


However it was excellent.|||I had moderate acne as a pre-teen, and it eluded me through most of my teenage years, then came back with a vengeance as a young adult until about 2 years ago, at age 28. I had regular and cystic acne.





The pill may help you. It has been proven to work for many people, although I could not tolerate taking hormones so I can%26#039;t say if it would have worked for me or not.





My face could not tolerate prescription creams. They burned and I couldn%26#039;t stand my skin peeling all the time. I started using a gentle exfoliant face wash with salicylic acid and a moisturizer without mineral oil or fragrance in it. Wash your face no more than twice daily. Tea tree oil or benzoyl peroxide on the blemish only 2-4 times per day. This helped, but I figured out that eating junk food aggrevated it even more. Once I changed my diet, the acne went away.





Read the books by Dr. Nicholas Perricone. %26quot;The Acne Prescription,%26quot; %26quot;The Perricone Prescription%26quot; or %26quot;The Clear Skin Prescription. He is a dermatoligist who does an excellent job explaining the connection between acne and diet. He specifically address adult acne versus adolescent hormonal acne. He also explains all the different types of acne and how to care for it. I credit his book and my diet changes for my much improved complexion.





As a bonus, he also debunks the myth about junk food not causing acne and focuses on how to combat wrinkles and other signs of aging. He has several other books specifically devoted to anti-aging. All his books are very useful and can be picked up on Amazon for cheap.|||Soak cotton wool in mint juice, and apply every day. Mix cinnamon powder with lime juice to make a fine paste, Apply on pimples. Check out http://useinfo-acne.blogspot.com/ for more useful info.

No comments:

Post a Comment