Monday, April 26, 2010

Help - Adult Acne?

Im 26 and hve starte getting really bad spots. i look like a spoty teenager :-( Also hair has got really greasy. Any ideas?|||See a dermatologist. In my experience, the only things that really knock out adult acne are Accutane and birth control pills. Adult acne is hard to get rid of. Just ask Cameron Diaz. There%26#039;s not a whole lot you can put on your face to deal with it, despite cosmetic company claims. Of course, drink enough water and eat a healthy diet and get your vitamins, but I assume you already do that.|||Testosterone makes people greasy and gives them spots, should I ask what your libido is like?





No idea how you lower it, if the spots and greasy hair area problem then speak to your GP.|||I am 40 and have suffered with acne since the age of about 11 or 12. Mine is hormonal due to PCOS. I%26#039;m afraid there really is nothing that can cure acne. Just keep trying various things and hopefully you may come across something that helps. I have tried a list of various things too long to relay here. Both in tablet and topical form, conventional and alternative. Even laser therapy and light therapies, but still I battle. I am hoping that the menopause may ease my skin problems. Over 30 years of acne has effected my life more than anything else. It has a profound effect on personality and confidence, but it really is largely unrecognised by the medical profession I%26#039;m afraid. I wish you all the luck in your finding something that helps. Maybe if you%26#039;ve only recently starting suffering with it you may find that it clears up and that it%26#039;s just a %26#039;blip%26#039;. x|||I%26#039;m 27, and have suffered with acne since puberty.


The doctor prescribes me Minocycline tablets which work a treat. Am on a break from them at the mo, and sure enough, they are coming back!


Contrary to popular belief, it%26#039;s nothing to do with cleanliness, make up etc. It%26#039;s just blo*dy bad luck!


I truly sympathise.|||You need to take vitamin E and B12, they are good for hair and nails plus stress reducing agent (B12). Use (I%26#039;m sorry I forgot what it calls) the thing that they advertise on TV for it is the best skin conditioner and repairing agent. Good luck.|||Unfortunately there is no age limit for acne, it can occur in babies and also in to old age. It is likely that you will require prescribed medication in the form of oral or topical antibiotics.|||eat lots of fruit and veg drink lots of water cut down on milk and bread worked for me!|||Stress will make your Acne more...





If you everynight sleep too late, your Acne also will appear...





Acupuncture can help you.|||Stress will always increase acne problems. Acne can be embarrassing at the best of times. I would try going into a site called Epinions.com and find out what users are saying about various products. Good hygene which involves regular bathing helps a lot. Good internal health is a major contributor to healthy skin. Try and stay away from the junk foods. I鈥檝e also had good luck with a product called Acnezine. Try this source I found for more help: Good Luck|||Well, I am 37 and have just come out in spots, but I use the Aloe Vera plant, which, amazingly works for me!





All you have to do is snip a bit off the plant and rub it where you are suffering and they should be gone within a day!





Do you have any idea as to why you are suffering so much at the moment?





So sorry that I have nothing more to add, but I do hope you find a solution yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment