Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I have a problem with adult acne and never had a problem as a teen. Any suggestions?

I am a 21 year old female and I am having terrible problems with acne. I never had problems with acne as a teenager. I have been on birth control for about two years and I have been put on the best kind for controlling acne. I have a serious breakout right now. My dermatologist put me on Differin gel but it really has only made my skin worse. I normally have combination skin so therefore I can%26#039;t really put a lot of moisturizers on it. I live in the South and the recent change in the weather and the drop in the humidity might have something to do with it. I say this because I went to Montana last year and the mountain air made my skin all messed up too. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to control things? Does the Differin gel use ever make things better after a while?|||you can get stuff over the counter for that


see you pharmacist|||There are various (sometimes too many!) causes of acne/pimples.





If due to hormonal causes, there%26#039;s really nothing much you can do except to wait it out. Of course if it%26#039;s too serious then you may need medical intervention...antibiotics, Roaccutane creams etc...





Proper cleansing is necessary, but twice a day is enough. Too much washing can also cause further weakening of the skin%26#039;s barrier function. Select a gentle surfactant-based cleansing gel (e.g. Cetaphil). Soap/soap bars clean very well but are too alkaline and harsh.





You may try Neem natural herbal extract (available as capsules). Neem is known for its blood cleansing properties. Of course drink lots of water daily. Have enough sleep every night. These are the best %26quot;natural%26quot; remedies :))





One most important point though - Keep your fingers off your face! Most transmission of bacteria occurs that way.





Anyway just to let you know you are not alone... So when I follow my own advices above, and still get pimples, then I like to blame it on HORMONES!!





Cheers! :))


|||wash your face 3x a time with antibacterial soap, use some over the counter meds for the acne and make sure not go to bed with makeup on. good luck|||well, i think what you need is to clean out the oil and dead skin cells, which are what acne is. try using a little bit of cleanser, the weak ones without alcohol. Try just a bit on parts of your face, and see if they acne reduces. try it for about 2 or 3 days, if it does, then continue. but be mindful that overuse of cleanser can dry out your skin and can cause even worse outbreaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment