Monday, April 26, 2010

Got any great ideas for acne as an adult?

i work in a kitchen which doesnt help ..but any great face washes for adult skin? or other remedies? perhaps i should drink more water...


|||I%26#039;ve been using Neutrogena%26#039;s Advanced Solutions for Acne for the past month, and it%26#039;s cleared my skin up a lot. It%26#039;s basically a cleanser + two lotions, one for the day (with SPF 15) and one for overnight. It%26#039;s about $20 at Target and supposedly lasts two months, but I haven%26#039;t even finished half of the tubes yet!|||Drinking water only can not solve the problem...


You need a more thorough treatment. I suggest you start with these steps:





1. Avoid oil-based products such as facial lotions, wash and cosmetics. Look for products that are “non-comedogenic,” it means it will not clog your pores.





2. Do not wear tight headband, baseball hat, and/or helmet when you exercise or play sports, and make sure you wash the sweat-soaked things each time you wear them.





3. Keep the skin hydrated and moist so your cells can function properly. Moisturize your face with mild, non-comedogenic moisturizers to keep it hydrated. Moisturizing is a necessity. Again, the product with the least amount of chemical additives is the best. Always use a light moisturizer on your face after cleansing.





4. Cleanse your pores with an alcohol-free toner or skin conditioner on cotton balls. Do not try to scrub harshly or you will strip and damage your skin. Even after rinsing your face, if you do not remove the remainder of cleanser and loosened debris residues, you are only going to imbed that debris deeper into the pores as you layer serums and moisturizers on top. The absolute best way to perform this deep pore cleansing is with an alcohol-free toner or skin conditioner on cotton balls. There%26#039;s no need to harm your skin by vigorous scrubbing or harsh acids, simply wipe with toner damp cotton balls until the last cotton comes away perfectly white.





5. Astringents, Salicylic Acid, retinoic acids, and glycolic acids all work to prevent pores from clogging. Be aware of some active ingredients like benzoyl peroxide, these ingredients can cause major side effects.





For better results, I suggest you also fight your acne from inside, because hormonal problems could also be the worst cause of acne. And for this kind of treatment, please choose safe ingredients... herbals are the best.





Good luck!


|||Working in a kitchen is a hot greasy job. I%26#039;ve been there and done that. I also have adult acne. This is what I have found that works for me. I use Queen Helen Mint Julip Mask. I wash my face in Neutragena soap for oily skin. Then pat my face dry. After that apply the mint mask, I let it harden and stay on my face for 20 minutes. I rinse my face in water as hot as I can stand it. This opens up the pores. Use the mask every night for about a week to get all of the gunk out of your skin. Then I use the gold bar Dial soap after I get my skin to start clearing up. It is antibacterial. The oily skin soap can start to over dry after a while. Then I use the Clear and Clear in the red formula once a week and the Clearsil Vanishing cream for spot treatments. Ance products tend to dry your skin out in time. I use the Olay face lotion in oily combination skin formula. It will put the moisture back in your skin without clogging your pores. Also, Neutragena makes an adult acne kit. I%26#039;ve heard it works really well. It is about $30.00. The only place you can buy it is at drug stores to my knowledge. You may have to go to the dermatologist to get prescription medicine if nothing over the counter works. Hope I helped.|||Keep your hair trimmed short and away from your face; try to use soap with no perfume in it such as dial white. Or you can try Neutrogena or purpose. Make sure to get the kind suited to your skin. There are types for oily/combo, dry, and sensitive. Me, I just use regular dial white on my face, and sometimes clean afterwards with 50-70% alcohol on a pad. Be sure to wash your face right after you get out of work.|||i use Proactiv and it cleared my skin. if you have good health insurance, it%26#039;s cheaper to get some RX cream from a dermatologist than buying Proactiv.|||Apply fresh mint juice every night to treat acne and pimples as this is a good home remedy for acne. More such solutions at http://solutionsforpimples.blogspot.com/|||clean your face with soap.that helps a lot

No comments:

Post a Comment