Monday, April 26, 2010

Adult Acne Help PLEASE!!!?

I have adult acne, I%26#039;m 23 and have a lot of trips planned in the next few months and my skin is terrible. I%26#039;ve always had moderate acne but I have never been broke out ALL the time. I also use Bare Minerals foundation so I don%26#039;t think it%26#039;s my make up. I used a new system called Wexler which is supposed to be great stuff and it destroyed my skin. I%26#039;m using Murad cleanser right now but everytime one starts to clear up another surfaces. I%26#039;ve been to a dermatologist and he didn%26#039;t really do anything to help me, I%26#039;ve used Proactive, Dermatologica, Clinique, Mary Kay Timewise, and Epiclear and got either bad or no results. I don%26#039;t know what else to do. Does anyone have any suggestions?? Preferably something that won%26#039;t cause me to go through a %26quot;break out period.%26quot; Like I said... I have a lot of trips planned.|||Girl, I%26#039;m 23 also and I have adult acne and even worse....acne scars. My back is the biggest problem! Its reallyyy bad, cause I can%26#039;t wear all the clothes I wanna wear, without worrying about it.





Anyways, it looks like you%26#039;ve tried a lot of different products, which cant be good! Your skin should not be treated like a lab experiment! I know you went to a dermatologist and he didnt give you anything, BUT, I would go to another dermatologist. It%26#039;s their profession....trust me, there%26#039;s noooo way he can say, %26quot;there%26#039;s nothing you can do!%26quot; That%26#039;s a bunch of bull!





I%26#039;ve been seeing a great dermatologist for 3 months now and I%26#039;ve seen results! Even other people have noticed the change. I have 6 deiffeent prescriptions and its a lot of work, but it works!





Good Luck!|||I%26#039;m 27 and I have the same problem. My solution came when I went to see my dermatologist and she prescribe Minocycline 100mg twice a day because my problem was more bacterial than topical. It worked, my skin cleared up in less than 30 days and you have to keep taking them so the bacteria won%26#039;t get a chance to re-multiply. Go see a dermatologist and you%26#039;ll see the difference.|||I used to have an acute case of acne when I was younger for many years; it covered





my face, back, chest and posterior. I eventually healed myself without the use of





drugs. I cured myself through DIET.





-This is what you should ELIMINATE!!! quit eating eating it:





fried foods


White bread/flour


starch combinations during the same meal (e.g. potatoes and pasta)


soda/carbonated drinks


sugar/corn syrup


meat/dairy


soft foods (processed foods)


hydrogenated oils (in processed foods)


fast food





(my sister had eczema for a # of years; and I also told her to change her diet, but





she wouldn%26#039;t listen. eventually, she took a massage course and it talked about the





importance of diet, so she just tried quiting fast food and soda, when she did





that, her eczema cleared up. now she listens to my advice.)











-you should increase your intake of:





fruits/vegetables, preferably organic (you should have a salad a day, at the least)


8 glasses of water a day


whole foods


black and/or brown bread (whole grains)


nuts








-you should have a balance, of 80% alkaline (mostly FRESH fruits and vegetables)





forming foods, to 20% acid forming foods.





going vegetarian/vegan/raw foodist would help. it helps set strict goals and rules





to follow. I had to adhere to these rules strictly, but mine was a severe case.





eating this way comes naturally to me now.





-----





Basically, your eliminations are poor/sluggish; thats is why some people can get





away with eating badly, but you may not. The reason changing your diet to the foods





below will help is because your eating foods that are much easier to digest and





elminate than those above. exercising will help, also.





I would check out Edgar Cayce; without his advice I would probably still suffer





today.





He also said you can help yourself through exercise and osteopathic adjustments to





your spine, he said this can create imbalances in your nervous system (if it isn%26#039;t





in proper adjustment) which will affect everything else. I haven%26#039;t done this yet,





as it is expensive; but I assume when I do, I will be able to better digest the





aforementioned foods. Through DIET ALONE I have been cured for a number of years.





Don%26#039;t believe the people who say it doesn%26#039;t effect it, I swear to god this will





help. It helped me. =) good luck!





Just so others are aware, I%26#039;m copy/pasting this to others, so they can get advice,





because I have been there. i%26#039;m not selling or advertising for anyone or anything,





i%26#039;m not spamming. don%26#039;t think that, if you see this advice elsewhere.|||ok i know this sounds gross but try putting egg yolk on your face as a mask for about 30 minutes everyday. In about a week your skin will start looking better. I used it for about a month and it worked for me.





Hope this helped!|||I have tired everything too! I finnaly hit a product that works! It is where skincare meets healthcare! It is Murad! I love it, it is soo refreshing! Try it, it worked for me! :)|||i don%26#039;t know if this works or not but i have heard that ozone works because it wont let bacteria grow on your skin but i don%26#039;t really know where you can get ozone from|||The best thing to do is to go to your doctor. I found that most creams, facewashes out there on the market don%26#039;t work, because the creams and washes are only mild, you need to get on the prescribed stuff. Benzoyl peroxide is a good cream to use, it kills the bacteria and dries up the skin, you can get a 10% Benzoyl peroxide over the counter which is a lot more powerful than the usual 2% than companies like Oxy use. If it is really bad acne, its probably best to treat it aggressively, so you will need to take pills for it prescribed by your doctor/dermatologist and use creams aswell, so you%26#039;re treating it externally and internally.





I was still suffering from mild acne at 22, and I found that staying away from alcohol helped. Also I stopped washing my face twice a day, and only washed it in the mornings, using face wipes or an astringent cleanser at night (like distilled witch hazel). This was because I found that washing it twice a day was drying my skin out, which was irritating it and making me break out in more spots. If you%26#039;re using an oil-control moisturiser don%26#039;t apply too much of it; only squeeze a small amount in the palm of your hand, because slapping it on may again irritate your skin, and cause it to produce more oil.





A few general tips:


drink plenty of water


try not to touch your face all the time


avoid using foundation; Almay has a concealer that is designed to dry up spots


wash your make up/powder brushes every week


do a deep cleansing mud mask once a week





Have a look at the Lush website, they make great face wash bars that contain completely natural ingrediants and some of them are supposed to be great for spotty skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment