Monday, April 26, 2010

Help with adult acne?

I%26#039;ve had acne since teens, am 23 now. It%26#039;s ranged from light to severe, but I%26#039;ve never been acne free. Recently went to my family doctor when I was sick, as a side note he prescribed Tetracycline to help with the acne. After reading the effects, I%26#039;m not interested in taking it long term. However, I only have an issue with facial acne, not anywhere else. Over the last year I%26#039;ve cut back on makeup more and more, now only use concealer and Physician%26#039;s Formula talc-free face powder. Could the makeup be the issue? I never go to bed with it on, wash my face every night, twice a day apply benzoyl peroxide cream, I drink lots of water and eat lots of fruits/veggies/fiber. I DON%26#039;T GET IT! It feels like I%26#039;m doing everything I can with no results. I don%26#039;t want to stop wearing makeup yet--I%26#039;ll feel like a troll--but do you think it would help that much? Does anyone have any tips/tricks/ideas?|||The best luck I have had is with Bee-Luscious Cosmetics. They have an Acne Line that has several different active ingredients. The products contain benzoyle proxide, sulfur, witch hazel and salicylic acid. So you see the acne gets killed by several different things. Each product contains at least one of these ingredients. The web site is beeroyalproducts.com. It is not cheap but these are highly concentrated and will last for a very long time.|||I have started having really bad break outs on my chin (only) and I am 28. This has been happening for about 2 months. I had tried almost every home remedy and even over the counter acne meds, but even though the pimple dried up I continued to get new breakouts (5-6 large pimples at a time)!!! So, I new it was something in body coming out. Your skin is the largest organ and it is a means of elimination. I tried something the other night that I think is actually working. My face is clearing up without new breakouts. I have been cutting up raw garlic cloves and taking them orally at night before bed. I haven%26#039;t smelled of garlic either. The only problem I%26#039;ve had with it is the gas later the next day, but it is worth it to be rid of the acne. Garlic is wonderful. It is antimicrobial and is good for almost any ailment. I take mine on an empty stomach, but if you would rather you could take it with a bite to eat. I hope this works for you if you try it. It has really worked for me. It has been 2 wks now and I have had only one small pimple %26quot;try%26quot; to break through. Good luck!!|||Well it could be a lot things. First, cut out all the junk and fatty foods. No sugars or sweets. You%26#039;re doing good by drinking lots of water and eating veggies. It could be dry skin, try putting lotion on it. I recommend Gold Bond, it cleared up my pimples in no time!! If that don%26#039;t work, go to a doctor or dermatologist. Or you can try AcneFree or ProActive. AcneFree works miracles!! Although I%26#039;ve never tried ProActive, I%26#039;ve heard good stories about it.





Good Luck!|||a couple options





1. dermatologist go see one


2. proactive


3. garnier line of face products|||Drink loads of water. Arbonne has a great acne product called Arbonne Clear Advantage. It%26#039;s all natural, no harsh chemicals, and not tested on animals. It%26#039;s was tested on humans.





www.arbonne.com





Click on Shop Online; then click Beyond Basics. When you decide to buy, top right under Consultant ID 16873267; Pin 1651.





If you like the product, it prudent to sign up to get (1) 35% discount and (2) autoship and (3) you%26#039;ll be more beautiful!|||Proactiv!!! my brother used it and it helped so much!! makeup isn%26#039;t the problem - keep wearing it if it makes you feel better.|||Yeah, makeup is not your problem. I had acne until I was 20 and went on Accutane(not that I%26#039;m reccomending that, it%26#039;s pretty extreme). But it was the only thing that worked. I tried EVERYTHING...including ProActive and nothing else worked. I did Accutane for 5 months, and have not had one single pimple in 7 years. Something to look into...but like I said, it IS pretty extreme treatment and is not for everyone. Good luck!!|||go to your local macys and visit the Clinique counter. They have an excellent line of acne products that will clear your face.|||i have the same problem in my 30s. i actually went on accutane a few years ago and that helped for about 4 years then it has now come back. Try murad or dermalogica, or even proactiv if you do not want to continue with the medicine.





biggest piece of advice I can give you, is to try and not touch your face. also wash your phones at home and at work. The harbor a lot of bacteria on them and can make your face more oly.





I am so frustrated that I would like to do accutane again.|||I went to the dermatologist for the same problem. She gave me Retin A Micro and BenzaClin. The Retin A will dry my skin out if I use it every day, but so far is working well every 3 days at bedtime. The BenzaClin is a combination of benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin and I use that every morning under moisturizer/foundation. So far, they seem to be helping. I didn%26#039;t want to take oral antibiotics either. Birth control pills can help some people, and helped me a little but not as much as I wanted. She said that if those don%26#039;t help, Accutane might be next. I don%26#039;t have horrible acne, but I%26#039;m almost 26 and sick of it!!





If you%26#039;re washing your face regularly with a good cleanser that gets all the makeup off, I doubt that%26#039;s the issue. More likely just oil production/cell turnover that is the issue.|||try proactive. it really works

No comments:

Post a Comment