Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Alternatives to antibiotics for adult acne????

Does anyone have any tried and true suggestions for diet, supplements, etc. to help treat adult acne?





I keep reading online that diet/food has nothing to do with acne and breakouts. And, I%26#039;m not talking a pimple here and there. I mean a forehead covered.





I have tetracycline, but am hesitant to use antibiotics for months at a time just to clear up my skin. Is there anyone else who suffers with adult acne, and what have you tried that helps?





I%26#039;ve already used Pro Activ and spents loads of money on Dermalogica. Any new suggestions??





Thank you!!!|||I have used Clarins, Clinique, prescription medication cream, prescription pills...etc......I started using proactiv and that was WONDERFUL.....I used for about 2 years and for some reason it just didn%26#039;t work as well.


I%26#039;m in my 30%26#039;s and the proactiv just isn%26#039;t working like it used to. My sister introduced me to Desert Essence Joboba Oil. its all natural. I would have NEVER PUT OIL ON MY FACE...because I would break out...but I trusted her and IT WORKED!! I have been using it for 2 weeks now, and the results are fantastic and alot cheaper than Proactiv. I buy the joboba oil from www.vitacost.com...seems to be the cheapest in regards to shipping costs too.


I wash my face with Cetaphil or the generic....and then use a small amount of the oil and pat it into my face....or you can put it on a cottonball and apply it that way...I only use at night, since it is oily. I have been doing alot of research on it and it seems that the gentler you are to your face the better it will look, instead of scrubbing it.....


I have found the oil locally for around $10 but online you can get it for like 6 dollars. I am also looking into the face wash they have... oh, and they do have an anti-bacterial face wash too, that might be good to help get all the infection out of your pores. another tip - Tea Tree Oil is good for acne.


You can buy that anywhere I think....I think it is stronger and you only need a little. I hope this helps and good luck! Everyone%26#039;s facial needs are going to be different and affect us all in different ways. I hope you find the right remedy for you. So you can feel more confident.





Drink lots of water - and yes, I do believe a good diet will help with acne.





If you have a local health food store or GNC you can get the Jojoba oil there, or your local Wegman%26#039;s grocery store.





Hope this helps a little at least, I understand what you are going through.|||It all depends on what kinds of pimple you get.





For cystic acne, wexler - overnight acnostate repair lotion, mariobadescu - buffering lotion, christine valmy - acne products seem to work well for people.


For regular breakouts, clinique line, murad products, or most of the stuff sold in sephora or macy%26#039;s seem to solve problems.





For your case you said you get pimples on your forehead so I%26#039;d suggest you make sure your hair is clean and avoid using hair stylers such as gel, mouss, leave-in conditioner or anything that can touch your face and forehead. Wearing a hat or cap that cover your forehead won%26#039;t prevent forehead pimples. And go to bed for enough sleep and you will see the difference. Good luck!|||Yeah dont use pro activ that stuff is a waste...for forehead acne it is extremely important that you keep your hair clean...take a shower with shampoo every day...then when you get out moisturize with an oil free moisturizer then cover problem areas with benzoyl peroxide cream....DRINK ALOT OF WATER, as much as you can, you should be peeing non stop...buy some multivitamins and take as intended...exercising also helps but make sure you wipe the sweat off and shower afterwards...dont pop the zits...there are also acne creams meant for adult acne, try that.....thats all i can think of right now|||IMO, diet and food has a lot to do with acne as well as overall health. I would skip the rice, bread, potatoes, sugar, greasy foods and fried foods.





What works for me is cleaning my face with Peroxide after I wash with Neutrogena. Thereafter, I follow up with Witch Hazel.

No comments:

Post a Comment