Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Adult Acne? Can anyone help?

So I am almost 23, and even though I have had acne since I was 12, it has gotten a lot worse over the past few years. I have been able to manage it, but never make it go away. I grew up in Texas (very humid climate).


When I moved to Las Vegas 3 months ago (very dry climate), my acne went wild. I figured it was because of the stress of moving across the country, but I am totally happy now and moved in 3 months later, and it is still going crazy. I have 3 new pimples everyday and they will not go away!! Usually the dry climate helps with my oily skin (like when I am on vacation in a dry climate) and my skin doesnt feel dry right now (it feels soft except for the pimples, I use Clinique dramatically different gel every morning) so I dont think I need more moisturizer.


So long story short....what the heck can I do? I have tried E V E R Y thing and nothing even helps a little bit. I have done super harsh washes, medium strength, and natural remedies. I read in Self magazine that sometimes the harsh minerals in a city%26#039;s water can cause a waxy build up and that a chelator can help, but I cannot find any cleansers with a chelator in them.


My skin is super oily but also sensitive...does anyone have my type of skin or situation, or have any suggestions? I am desparate, and please only answer if you have skin like mine or know of people with my experiences.|||That isn%26#039;t %26quot;cross country%26quot;... that%26#039;s only half way! :)





Cut your hair.


Keep your hair washed... wash it every morning and every afternoon or evening. The oil from your hair is a big part of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment