Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Adult Acne w/warm weather-HELP!?

I%26#039;m 24 and have acne through puberty, but it mellowed out as I got older. But no matter what, II still have blackheads on my nose and those little tiny white pimples where 1/2 of em are under the skin and don%26#039;t go away even after squeezing-it%26#039;s like their under my skin permanently! (I get the tiny pimples on my cheeks and some deep blackheads (like 4) on my forehead, and about 3 deep blackheads on my chin. My nose has enlarged pores and I can see all the blackheads, My pores are visible around the apples of my cheeks too. I hate squeezing them b/c I don%26#039;t want nto scar up my face. I always get 1 or 2 zits come my time of the month which I know is normal, but I want to minimize my pores and get rid of those black and whiteheads once and for all! I%26#039;ve tried alot of cleansers/toners, but w/my comb skin, I just get dry flaky skin around my nose and mouth even after moisturizing. I just started pro activ but it made it worse. Is it normal to get worse b4 getting better?|||Dermatologist. It sounds like your skin is giving you a hard time. I%26#039;ve never tried ProActive, but like most of the skin care lines out there, it works for some and and doesn%26#039;t work for others. You%26#039;re right to not pop anything. Scars take FOREVER to go away.


You could also try that new Zeno thing - even though it%26#039;s expensive, it gets relatively good ratings, and for those deep blackheads and white pimples that dont go away, Zeno might help. You could also try microdermabrasion to minimiize your pores. If you don%26#039;t want something so expensive, you could try some simple Biore cleansers that are pore-minimizing. Don%26#039;t get really harsh, grainy exfoliators, because they will break open your whiteheads and spread the pus over your face. Get a good chemical exfoliator


And for toners, use an alcohol-free one so it won%26#039;t dry out your skin. Moisturize a lot, and instead of using concealer, try using tinted moisturizer to give it some more moisture AND some sun protection.


and consider mineral makeup for cover up. It works, even if you think it%26#039;s powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment