Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I have REALLY bad adult acne I'm 26 and it just keeps getting worse, any suggestions?

I have tried the dermatologist, everything he prescribed didnt work. Using Proactive for about 6 weeks and nothing still! Tried Biore products and similar ones that are over the counter and nothing! Also took antibiotics and that didnt help either. Am I just going to have to be an ugly bumpy faced freak forever? HELP!|||Try an endocrinologist. Maybe your problem is hormonal. If that doesn%26#039;t work, I suggest you try a doctor specializing in homeopathic/naturalistic remedies. Good luck. I have friends and relatives who have suffered through the same problem. They got very emotional about it.





If you are a female and also have issues with irregular periods along with your acne, you may have a condition called Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome: PCOS. An endocrinologist can help you diagnose (or rule out) that condition. Women with PCOS typically, but no always, experience amenorrhea or oligomenorrhea (absent or very infrequent periods), infertility (as a result of irregular periods), unexplained weight gain, hirsutism (abnormal hair growth on face, arms, groin, etc) and sometimes uncontrollable acne. PCOS can, however, be asymptomatic or be accompanied by some, rather than all, above mentioned symptoms.





If you cannot see an endocrinologist due to insurance coverage, ask your gynecologist to run some tests to check your hormone levels, specifically to rule out PCOS, including the testosterone level.





I feel confident this information will help you. I think your dermatologist didn%26#039;t search deep enough.





Here are some links to help you:


http://www.acne.org.au/pcos.php


http://www.acne-resource.org/acne-articl鈥?/a>


http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.p鈥?/a>


http://www.hormonehelpny.com/column/fema鈥?/a>


http://www.lifesteps.com/gm/Atoz/ency/ac鈥?/a>|||Start exercising more and stop eating junk food, fatty foods, and high sugar drinks. Your pores are clogging up. Saunas help|||drink lots of water dont drink soda. eat good foods and wash your face with soap every night. try acne spot treatment gel by neostrata, its great!|||OMG Biore? Ouch those hurt!





I use and love Lavender Oil (Lavandula officinalis)...





http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/laven鈥?/a>





It does so much to combat skin problems. Reduces redness, dries out the pimples and it smells great too. I use it straight if I have a fresh one coming up, but the directions recommend you to dilute the product. Try it, you can always use it as aroma therapy if you don%26#039;t want it on your skin :)





It can even help you rest better if you sprinkle a bit on your pillow. The options are endless. I even get a friend%26#039;s yummy organic lavender bread from her booth at the farmers market... ;)





best wishes!|||You should also ask your doctor about Retin A. I used Proactive for a year and it never worked. My doctor finally put me on Retin A and the acne cleared up within 2 months (and I had it BAD). Obviously I can%26#039;t guarantee it will work for you, but Retin A does seem to work for acne that doesn%26#039;t respond to Proactive.





Oh man, I know exactly how you feel about Biore products. I used to use them all the time and all they did was turn my skin red without getting rid of the acne. I%26#039;m sure Biore products work for most people (otherwise they would never sell) but for people like you and me, we just have to keep trying whatever we can until we find something that works.|||try birth control. It worked for me.|||Claravis is certainly the key! Im dead serious! I have tryed everything on earth! Creams, gels, perscriptions, lotions, bath soaps everything! Its such a life saver! Its a pill, first you take 1 pill for a month the the rest of the time you take two. You have to go to your dermatologist to get it but its soooo worth it. The only thing about it is that you CAN NOT get pregnant when your on the pill. If you get pregnant it could seriously affect the baby. Therefore the derm. makes sure you are either using condoms or on the pill. Every month you have to have a visit to the doctor to get the perscription, you go online to the website and take a quick quiz making sure you know the affects it could have on a baby and then go pick it up at the pharmacy. It may sound like alot to do, but it really isnt. I took it for 4 months and i havent had anything on my face since and that has been a year ago. I had xxxxx bad acne. It was deep under the skin where u couldnt get to. This medicine is sooo great. I really wish you knew how great. Theres diffrent brands too so your insurance will take care of it. Mine did! which was even better! i really hope you get this, you have no idea what it will do for you! please mesage me back if you ever get it and tell me how it helped u too!|||Try a very well recommended Dermatologist. Remember, sometimes some products take at least 6-8 weeks to fully become active.





Micro Retin-A really worked for me. I used it and the first 6 weeks it made me break out a bit more but after 6 weeks my skin seriously cleared up and looks even better than before I had acne. Micro Retin-A is a prescribed product so try to talk to a dermatologist about it. Tazorac is the same type of treatment and works well too.





Keep using Proactiv in the meantime, it may take a bit longer to fully work on your skin. Be consistant and it will work.





Also, keep your bedsheets cleaned and washed, especially your pillow covers. Don%26#039;t use fragranced detergent or softner, it might be irritating your skin.





Try mineral make up, that might make a difference as well. Good luck and hang in there!|||First, you need a really good skin care regimen - you should wash, use a toner, and moisturize. If you are not putting a toner on after you wash, your skin is exposed to the environment.





I would stay away from ProActiv. It is really harsh on your face and has some bleaching chemicals (It bleached my hairline when I used it and ruined my washcloths).





As a healthier alternative, you could try the Clear Advantage Line from Arbonne International. It has a wash, toner, and lotion. It also comes with a skin supplement vitamin that pushes the toxins out of your skin - in other words, things will be worse before they get better. Zinc in the product helps your skin heal faster and they use salicylic acid instead of benzoyl peroxide (a higher grade). Arbonne also offers a 45 day money back guarantee.





Whatever, you choose, stick with it for at least 6 weeks to determine if it is working. Other hints - keep you hands away from your face, don%26#039;t pop your acne, avoid sun exposure.......Good luck!|||It must be an allergy. Get yourself tested for allergies and see what foods u are allergic to. Try avoiding them for a period of time. Obviously it is something coming from the inside out....|||Go to a different dermatologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment