Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Is it true that people who suffer from acne as teens and young adults (18-2___ yrs) don't get acne as adults?

I%26#039;ve heard of this a lot. And I want to know if it is true....Someone know the real answer? Thanks.|||Acne or blemish-prone skin is a remarkably common skin condition. While many adolescents may experience acne, this condition also can appear for the first time in adults in their 20s or 30s or even later in life. Generally, however, if you had acne as a teenager, you are more likely to have it again as an adult. Eighty to 100 percent of all teenagers have acne to some degree, and an increasing number of adult women also have some acne.





Limit the number of layers of cosmetics products they apply and to avoid any products containing oil.





Excessive scrubbing or frequent cleansing will not control it, and any rough manipulation of the skin may further irritate and inflame the lesions or even lead to the formation of new acne lesions.





Mary Kay offers a Gentle Cleanser, Oil Mattifier, Blemish Control Toners, a wonderful clarifying mask for blemish prone skin, Acne Treatment Gel and Beauty Clotters oil obsorbing tissues that will help. If you go to www.marykay.com/kaylexasmom you will find them under the skin care portion as well as information on the main page. Feel free to email me and we can discuss this further at kaylexasmom@marykay.com You can also request samples for any products you want to try.





Good luck.|||No, your pores can get clogged and cause a blemish any time. Stress, being sick and stretching your time too thin can also cause them. My cousin (in her mid 20%26#039;s) got acne along her chin again during her pregnancy even though she faught it through out her teens. It%26#039;s more of a genetics thing, some people never get them and some get them all their lives.|||It is not true for everyone. It depends on why you get acne in the first place. I have dealt with since my teen years, nothing over the counter meds can%26#039;t treat. When I was in my early adult years it hit me pretty bad and I have had to see a dermatologist. The reason you don%26#039;t see many adults with acne becuase they go to the dermatologist to get it under control|||not true. i have had acne since i was 11 %26amp; i am 24 now... and my mom was the same way. she continued to have acne breakouts until she hit menopause...|||No, some people struggle with it as a teenager and well into adulthood. My mum had acne, starting from her early teens right into her 30%26#039;s. I also had acne in my late teens and still get some breakouts today at 26, although I took accutane when I was 21. HTH.|||yup, so if u are teen get some acne now!|||if it is, then i missed that train, i had alot of acne when i was younger, i still get it everyonce in a while.|||This is a myth, most teens do have acne as adults, I%26#039;m 44 and still get breakouts, especially on my neck. Also, the person who said acne on adults is due to bad skin habits, is misinformed. I see a dermatologist every 2 months and it has nothing to do with bad skin habits. It%26#039;s totally untrue that acne is caused by not washing your face/skin, actually too much washing can cause breakouts.





Call a dermatologist or make an appointment if you haven%26#039;t already. A dermatologist can give you the best treatment and advice.|||I don;%26#039;t think so. most adults don;t have acne.|||It can last well into adulthood, sorry to burst your bubble but its the truth. I know people over 30 and 40 who have severe acne still.|||I%26#039;m 25 and I had acne then and I have acne now (worse because I%26#039;m pregnant). My mom was the opposite, she had perfect skin while she was in high school and got minor acne when she was in her late 30%26#039;s. I think it really depends on the person and how their skin changes as they get older.

No comments:

Post a Comment