Monday, April 26, 2010

Adult acne..Solutions?

Growing up I never had acne. However, in the recent years I have began to get acne across my lower cheek and chin...basically my jawline.





I wash my face every night (usually with Body Works Tea Tree Oil Cleanser), follwed by astringent (ProActiv), then a moisturizing lotion (alternate nightly with either Oil of Olay and/or Philosophy (Hope in a Jar) which I sleep in. During my shower in the morning I again wash my face, this time with an Aveeno face cleanser. I wear minimal makeup on a daily basis.





I am assuming this acne is a result of hormones...or is it?





What can I do to stop it? It is embarassing to have acne at the age of 29 lol.





What are some great skin care products that I can use for combo/oily skin?





Give me some great product recommendations please! Any and all help is much appreciated!





Thank you,





Renee|||I started getting acne when I got pregnant and everyone said it was hormones but it didn%26#039;t go away after that... so yeah, I feel your pain. BUT I have an answer too, not to sound like a commercial but the proactive sulfur face wash stuff works like a dream! I don%26#039;t like any of their other products, not that I dislike them but they don%26#039;t really work. Oil of olay is the lotion that I use on my face but that sulfur face wash is what works... it smells like fart though, just to warn you haha|||Are any of these products new to you? Like you just started using the aveeno. I started using a new product to clean my face once and it took me a couple of months to realize that that was what was causing it- anyway, try washing your face only once a day instead of twice- use a toner but not a cleanser before your shower.


I love burt%26#039;s bees products and avon has an anew line that really helped my husband with his acne|||We have found that acne in general responds well to a home remedy taught to me by a friend from Guatemala:


At night before bed, pour about a Tbsp of sugar into the palm of your hand and add just enough lemon juice to make a paste. Massage the paste in a circular motion (not too hard, you don%26#039;t want to abrade the skin!) over the affected areas to slightly exfoliate. Then, let the paste sit for about 30 seconds, rinse off and pat dry. Do this each night. For my son%26#039;s very oily and football/baseball-sweat aggravated acne we switch the sugar to salt.


I can honestly tell you that he notices improvement the very first morning when he does this.


Hope this helps! At least it%26#039;s not expensive to try : )|||I use products from Melaluca. They are all natural and work great. Here is the link...





http://www.melaleuca.com/ps/index.cfm?f=鈥?/a>|||I am a big fan of Cetaphil anti bacterial bar. It rocks and it%26#039;s cheap. It helps with break outs and ingrown hair. I%26#039;m sure you don%26#039;t have those on your face though :-)|||Adult acne is usually hormonal and if that is the case than typically no matter how well you clean your skin it will not make it go away, it will help but it will not make it go away.





Using a product that works from the inside is probably your best bet. There a all natural oral pills you can take and they help to balance out the impurities in your body.





Good luck|||I would try using brevoxy (prescription) or other over the counter benzoyl peroxide medicines. Wahs your face with warm water and then finish it with cold water. Eat healthy.


Even if you have some pimples, I would make out with you if that is you in your avatar, I%26#039;m a good looking 30 yr old guy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment