Monday, April 26, 2010

I'm having Adult Acne & got them only last year. Any advice, please.?

I have done some researches but I still want to hear some opinion specially to people who have more knowledge about this.





I%26#039;m a Senior Sales Engineer %26amp; it%26#039;s really bothering me a lot specially when I am talking to clients.





Please advice. Thank you in advance.|||Adult Acne





While adult acne and juvenile acne involve infections generated by the same bacteria, skin conditions can be very different and require different forms of treatment. Factors that stimulate adult acne are frequently different than those involved with juvenile acne.





Adult onset acne (acne that begins in the adult years) usually involves normal or combination skin or even dry and/or sensitive skin, rather than the oily skin that is typical of juvenile acne. Most acne products, however, are developed for juvenile acne and contain high concentrations of benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, azelaic acid and other agents that can be excessively drying and potentially irritating to adult skin. Adult skin may not tolerate persistent use of these agents and skin sensitivity may become problematic.





Skintactix offers a variety of products developed for various skin types that effectively achieve a cure for adult acne. Special packages of products are available for excessively oily skin, and for normal and combination skin, and for dry and/or sensitive skin. An adult acne cure can be achieved without dehydration or irritation by selecting the appropriate product grouping.





Acne and Premature Skin Aging: Acne infections stimulate skin production of hydrogen peroxide which generates volumes of free radicals. The chemical rebuilding involved in healing infections and repairing the skin damage infections have caused also generates volumes of free radicals. In this manner acne causes premature aging, just like the volumes of free radicals caused by sun exposure. Control of acne is not only important to the appearance of the skin today, it is an important strategy to prevent the premature aging of the skin. If skin damage has already become a problem, achieve control of the acne first and once this is accomplished, address the issue of skin rejuvenation. Skintactix





Benzoyl Peroxide and Premature Skin Aging: Benzoyl peroxide creates free radicals in the skin and is known to cause premature skin aging, just like repeated sun exposure or persistent acne. Damage is determined by the concentration of benzoyl peroxide and the frequency of use. It has also been associated with increased risks of skin cancer. In 1995 the FDA issued warnings regarding the use of benzoyl peroxide and changed its status from safe to uncertain. For these reasons Skintactix does not use benzoyl peroxide or any other ingredient that might damage or prematurely age the skin. (See the Acne Tips page for additional information.)





Causes of Adult Acne: There are a number of factors that may initiate adult acne. Stress can be a major factor, via the production of cortisol, a steroidal hormone that promotes acne. Coffee consumption, like stress, promotes the production of cortisol. Other issues may be involved, such as smoking, low consumption of free fatty acids, etc.|||Proactive really works. I have used this product and I have found that it helps to clear up the problem. I also found that drinking more H2O and resting more helps to work towards a clearer skin. I am not an expert, but I have battled acne for many years as an adult.|||People who get achne probelm in adult age is primarily becasue of poor eating habits, pollution, exposure to chemicals and deficiency of basic vitamins/minerals in body.





Apart from home remedies there are several super premium quality products available in market which are derived from natural herbs and plants. (clarence, sofina, artistry etc.). One of my friend who works as skin consultant gave me a basic skin care system, a scrub(gel based) and an exfoliator (skin refinishing lotion) from Artistry range. I have able to reduce my acne problem by 70%.





I would recommend you also to try out a good scrub, exfoliator and a basic skin care system (cleanser, toner and moisturiser)





Make sure that you drink at least 3 litres of water everyday (that%26#039;s minimum that you can do for your skin:) ) Also take some good foos suppliments for skin like vitamin-E (derived from parsley) and Vitamin-c (derived from acerola cherry)|||If you aren%26#039;t planning on getting pregnant you might try birth control pills. They worked great for me. If you aren%26#039;t interested in this method you might try talking to your doctor or seeing a dermatologist.|||Aloe Vera Juice has helped me a lot (daily consumption over weeks or months.) Dietary changes, too.





I would consult a physician. Still, try Aloe Vera Juice. It%26#039;s very good for almost everything.|||I have the same problem. I%26#039;m 27 about to be 28, none of my friends have pimples! I had tried everything, what are you using?


I started Murad products, 2 1/2 months ago, it took my face 2 months to fully adjust to it, but man it is great now. Yesterday I almost forgot to put makeup on! Go to Murad.com, they have a 30 day trial, risk free, can send it back if needed, my skin reacted at first but I stuck with it because it encourages you to. Now it costs $30 a month, well worth it. I also got the acne spray for my husband%26#039;s back, he sweats really bad and his back breaks out horrible. His back is so clear it%26#039;s amazing, it purged for like 1 week, then started clearing up, he was even out of the spray for 3 weeks and it stayed clear.


My e-mail is cmsuttles4@hotmail.com, if you want more info.


DR. Murad is well known, does a lot of skin care stuff.


A great website if you%26#039;ve never heard of it is epinions.com


Type in almost any product and get real reviews from real people.


I hope you find something that works.


Oh ya I also switched to one of those mineral makeups, I use glo minerals, bought it at my salon, love that stuff, blends, doesn%26#039;t feel greasey, and is great to cover blemishes without looking like your trying to.|||Here is a good free regimen to cantrol acne:





http://www.acne.org/|||I had the same problem. Now I am getting better day after day. I will give you some points then I will give you a link for a web site that helped me allot.


1. Clean your skin several times a day. Use an anti bacterial product (avoid alcohol). Change your personal items (clean them) more often (such as towels..).


2. Use a gentle cleanser to keep your pours open. Avoid rubbing soup on your skin so it does not clog pours. Avoid strong product or those that burn or turn your skin red.


3. Keep away from sun as muck as you can. It can multiply the problem.


4. Cut down fats in your diet. Try to eat a healthier diet with veggies and fruits. Also drink a plenty of water.


5. I use a gel called %26quot;isotrex%26quot; it is made in the UK. It helps skin to get rid of excess oil.


6. Being depressed will only make things worse. so cheer up and I hope that every thing will turn better for you.





I will leave a link in the source box.|||Well I almost didn%26#039;t tell mine, cuz who can win against long cut and paste? I use my mind, or try to.


Try putting a dab of honey on each one and a small bandaid. Do this after you wash face at night and sleep with those on your face for a few nights. Good Luck!!|||You can try some home remedies. They are a big help|||quite often a change in your hormones will activate the acne.





I would see an Endocrinologist for this if your insurance allows it. Otherwise go to your family doctor and ask for a referral.





The antibiotic treatment works well but it is temporary you must find and treat the underlying cause.





The Hormone problem would be more towards a woman of menopause age, but not always the case.





I assume by your position that you are not 21 y/o.





I hope this helps you out.





I have a very good background with hormone problems myself.|||Please see the webpages for more details on Acne Vulgaris.|||I had a big problem with adult acne and I tried ProActive. It is one of those few products that the infomercial is actually telling the truth about.|||Proactive! I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment