Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What are some causes of adult acne?

I%26#039;ve had pimples since the age of 14. When I was a teenager I expected them but now that I%26#039;m 25 and I still have pimples it%26#039;s kind of embarrassing. I normally have at least 5 on my face at all times and now more than ever I really think it%26#039;s holding me back in the job market. I went to a few dermatologists and they prescribes creams and things for it but nothing ever seems to work. I don%26#039;t have the money to go to the doctor now since I%26#039;m out of a job, but I%26#039;m looking for other answers.





Can the foods I eat be making my face the way it is? Because I notice when I eat things with butter or grease in them I feel my face oilier than normal.|||try drinking more water. in my nutrition class the other day my teacher told us that foods don%26#039;t really affect acne, or at least they haven%26#039;t found any studies that prove that. she said dehyrdration might be a problem.|||We are in the same boat...... I too am 25 and suffer with acne, I also went to dermatalogists for creams and antiobiotics but nothing worked. I even would switch doctors to try to get a different remedy but nope nothing worked. The pills would work while I was taking them but once I stopped my pimples came back. This is what I have been doing myself without the help of a doctor.





This may take trial and error on your part until you find the products that work for your skin and skin type.





Always wash your face 2 times a day (morning and night).


Use a face wash (not necessarily for acne because that type makes my skin so dry)


Use a astringet after you wash face. (I use witch hazel)


Then apply a acne cream to breakouts (Any Walmart just look around)


Then I apply a moistoriser (I use cetraphll)


Once every 2 weeks I hot steam face with water to open pores to give my skin a deep cleaning and I follow the steps above, followed by using a cold piece of ice to close pores once I clean face.





Lastly, yes stay away from greasy and sugary foods. Those are my worse enemies!!!!!! Drink plenty of water throughout the day to flush the toxins from your body. Make sure you stay consistent with the regimen because it sounds like you have acne prone skin. Hope I helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment