Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What can cause adult acne, abnormal periods(2001,2005,2006) and hair loss in an young adult?

hair loss started at age 21(1999), heavy period started in the fall of 2001, and adult acne started around 2003. What is the mysterious diagnosis? thyroid is okay, slightly anemic, little overweight. hair is thick and long in the back and very thin in the front. doctors dont know nothing in NJ (have not met all of them)|||Oh wow! That is sooo classic for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome!!!! Find yourself a good OB/Gyn and question it!!! PCOS causes all of those symptoms as well as infertility %26amp; ovarian cysts (you may not know you have them). I have it and they first tested me for thyroid too, which of course is perfectly normal. It wasn%26#039;t untill I tried to get pregnant I was diagnosed with PCOS. You can get some more information at Soulcysters.com, but definately see a gynocologist.





They will probably put you on some combination therapy including Glucopghage (a diabetic medication).Personally I would recommend ProActive for your acne, kindof expensive, but worth it! And Some of the doctors I have talked to said unofficially a low carb diet can help too, which I have tried and had good success with. I like the Carbohydrate Addicts Diet. Send me a message if you have any questions!!!





Good Luck!|||Hi, I can surley relate..I am 40 years old and have had acne for the past 6 years I finally went to the dermatologist and he gave me ampicillion 500 mg twice a day. and aldactone 100mgs once a day in the morning it is a water pill that is supposed to block to much testosterone in women. and I wash my face with Purpose soap and then put on a topical med called klairon presribed by dermatologist and wash my face again at night and put on a topical med..I have no more acne at all and the scars are healing as well..my advise is to get to the dermatologist asap...|||Hi,





Maybe this article could help:





Female Pattern Hair Loss 鈥?It Depends On The Genes





http://female-pattern-hair-loss-help.blogspot.com/|||You have a cellular dysfunction and a hormone imbalance.





It can be corrected with glyconutrients.





Info on my page.|||Have them check you out for a condition called %26quot;PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome%26quot;... the symptoms sound similar to yours and they can threaten your ability to reproduce. You could also look it up on the internet to see if you have any other symptoms that you havent listed. I myself was diagnosed with PCOS and well... sometimes ignorance is bliss.


Good Luck|||I have similar issues started at 25, now in my 40%26#039;s. I was told the anemia is from the heavy periods. The hair loss from not enough calcium and the adult acne from hormonal changes. Supposedly getting on the pill will shorten your period and make it lighter. The pill may also help with the acne. I chose to take calcium and iron supplements rather than the pill. It has helped. I still struggle with adult acne, and my bloodwork says I%26#039;m anemic every time.


The other thing with your hair- if it is really long and you keep it pulled back it will thin in the front from the tension/weight of hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment