Saturday, December 26, 2009

Anyone else suffer from adult acne as I do? I'm 38 years old and still get huge zits on my face. What to do?

The combination of Tea Tree Oil soap and the Clindamycin cream is the best for Acne and pimple.


For acne scars I lighten them up using papaya kojic and licorice base soap and cream which are available online. These work wonders. Maybe it will work on you too. Try searching it through Google %26#039;shopaholic%26#039;s bargains%26#039;|||Sugarmom- I%26#039;m going to try the Irish Spring, it certainly would be an easy way to solve it.





Williamo- Thanks for the support. You are right, it is exacerbated by stress. Report Abuse
|||I%26#039;m in my 40s and was still suffering, but I found a website (link is below) started by a guy who had tried everything and finally invented what he calls his %26quot;Regimen.%26quot; It worked wonderfully for me, and it%26#039;s easy and inexpensive (it uses all over the counter products). He recommends washing twice daily gently (no scrubs, granular cleaners, or wash cloths) with mild cleanser (like Cetaphyl), slathering on lots of 2.5% benzoyl peroxide, and then lots of non-comedogenic moisturizer.





His site includes a message board and user reviews of lots of over the counter products. It is really worth trying.|||I am 13 years older and I STILL have it. The best thing to do is to drink a lot of water, keep your skin as clean as possible, and use products like stridex and clearasil vanishing cream. Proactive is good, but it didn%26#039;t work long-term for me. I have such super oily skin that people think I am much younger than what I am. You could go to a dermatologist and ask for accutane. I hear it dries up the sebaceous glands but also dries out your hands and everything else. I wear makeup to cover, but have found the mineral powder makeups much better than foundation at keeping my skin clear.|||As you are 38, I am going to assume that you are a professional woman.


So, go see a dermotologist. They will prescribe you something like Tetracycline or Doxycycline which works wonders.


Then, buy Cetaphil soap bars to wash your face. Cetaphil doesn%26#039;t have all the chemicals and/or fagrances that could irritate the skin.|||38? I%26#039;m guessing you%26#039;re not going to start breeding now... in which case I%26#039;d get a prescription for Accutane, just get it over and done with and cure the acne permanently with that. It%26#039;s pills, you take them for 4 months and the acne never comes back.





You shouldn%26#039;t take them if you plan on getting knocked up. They cause severe birth defects.





I wouldn%26#039;t waste my time/money on antibiotics or creams, you have to keep using these forever, as soon as you stop them the acne comes back and since you%26#039;re still getting acne at 38 it%26#039;s a safe bet it%26#039;s gonna be a lifelong thing.|||Kim go see a dermatologist, i had lots of friends that have the same genetic problem.


They have tried every thing too.


Though it has been years since I%26#039;ve seen those people I still call friends there has been a lot of new stuff and advice medically to come out in the past few years.


A lot of professional athletes have the same problem with not only acne but scares and facial blemish.


PS lot of studies done every year nation wide.|||I went through that at that age, and the Doctor said it was hormonal. But he sent me to a dermatologist anyway. I have dry, sensitive skin. He told me to cleanse with Cetaphil and water. If I needed to moisturize, he said to use Cetaphil without water. As soon as I felt one, I cleaned it with rubbing alcohol. And I only washed my face (and back/shoulders) with cetaphil. Cleared them up and finally did not come back anymore. Still do that everyday 20 years later. Really works (in spite of the hormones, LOL).|||Easy. Forget about all the stuff they advertise. Start washing your face in the morning and night when you go to bed with Irish Spring soap. It will not even take a couple of days before you see the big difference. It might not even break out again. I know, I used different things for years before I discovered this. I used expensive treatments along the way too. Irish Spring Soap in the green bar works.|||I truly believe it is caused by stress, so find a way to alleviate the stress. Do not obsess over it and scrutinize your face. They look fifty times worse in your eyes than they do in the eyes of everyone else.|||i don%26#039;t know if this helps but i%26#039;m 23. i build elevators and sweat at work, (not that much cause i%26#039;m asian). i wash my face once every day. if i miss a day, pimples. i guess, for me, maintnence is needed. good luck!|||Ask your doctor, or a dermatologist or something like that. There are special doctors for acne, or you can go on the Clean%26amp;Clear website, they have great products!|||Mary Kate and Ashley Acne cream works for me even though I%26#039;m not an adult yet, but it works for everyone =].





Proactive works as well, but I wouldn%26#039;t recomend bursting it XP|||I%26#039;m not insinuating or trying to offend you but when I started using methamphedomine I broke out when I was 36. I%26#039;ve been sober for years. Could it be a new doctors medication your taking|||Do not wash your face with soap every time you shower. you are just drying your skin. and your face needs a bit of that oil naturally. in between use just shampoo.|||Try Proactiv worked for me.|||go to a dermitologist...... it helps greatly!|||proacitve|||proactive|||get on a sunbed a couple of times a week (but don%26#039;t overdo it) and use clearasil on them every day|||yeah





try to avoid things that cause it

No comments:

Post a Comment