Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Could Adderall, Red Bull drink, or very little water be causing my adult acne?

I%26#039;m 24 and had occational breakouts up until I was 22. Then I started Adderall XR 30 mg twice/day. I started to get acne around the same time. Now I have a hard job and drink about 24 oz of sugerfree red bull and only about 30 oz of water a day. My acne is pretty bad now and I just can%26#039;t figure out why it would go from fairly normal breakouts to acne in my early twenties. I%26#039;m so frustrated because I have a public job and its very embarrassing. I%26#039;m happy and confident with myself otherwise, but I%26#039;ve tried everything OTC and can%26#039;t stop breaking out.|||Adderall and red bull probably don%26#039;t add much to it, but if you drink more water, that can really help your skin. If the OTC stuff doesn%26#039;t work, you can go to your doctor and get a few perscriptions, they now have pills and LOTS of creams for acne|||well i know when i was drinking lots of pop i was breaking out and after i stopped(completely) i stopped breaking out|||I%26#039;m 27 and on Adderall XR as well. I can tell you that it hasn%26#039;t caused me to break out at all. Although, between you and I, it%26#039;s the miracle I%26#039;ve been praying for in terms of concentration! :)





I would say that drinking water would help tons. And yes, stress does cause you to break out more. My best suggestion is to maybe think about starting a work out routine to help you relax a little!





Also, if you get really self-conscious about it, you can try going to a dematologist about your breakouts, he/she can help you out with something stronger than just otc stuff.|||You really need to drink more water. I%26#039;m sure it would help immensely.|||Stress can cause acne to get worse. Studies have shown that the foods we eat are not a major contributor to acne breakouts...things like chocolate or fatty foods.





You%26#039;re probably best off treating it frequently with an astringent like Sea Breeze, taking a vitamin A or beta carotene supplement and seeing a dermatologist if it continues to get worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment