Friday, January 8, 2010

What causes adult onset acne?

Hi guys. I%26#039;m 26 years old, and I%26#039;ve always always had really clear skin, even when I was a teenager. I used to get 1 zit every few months. 2 months ago I moved to another state and my face has been breaking out like crazy since then. I%26#039;ve tried changing my skin care (although Im still using the same basic face wash and moisturizer I%26#039;ve been using since I was 16) but I%26#039;ve added a daily scrub, a toner and sometimes I use the acne overnight thing but it just makes my face red and dry. I have dry skin and this just looks awful. Is it something to do with the move? A change in water or somtehing? Shouldn%26#039;t my skin be used to it by now? My older sister has always had acne, but her face was doing much better till we moved here. How do I fix this?!





Thanks!|||It%26#039;s possible that the change in weather and air could have an effect. There are other factors that could be considered such as a change in diet - have you started eating unhealthily or dropped a food component? There is also a chance that it may be stress related and the move will have affected you in ways you may not realise. I certainly used to get more spots at times of axnt - such as exams etc.





Your skin probably will adapt over time but you may have to go through a %26#039;settling down%26#039; period.|||You are not having acne.You need not use scrub,anti acne medicines.Use moisturizers,and mild steroid cream for a week.|||Hi there. Acne is not caused by the change in weather, the foods you eat, how much you wash, etc. but rather caused by an imbalance in hormones. I suggest to avoid using a scrub as it can be too exfoliating and harsh on your acne prone skin along with spreading acne. My recommendation would be to use a natural balancer along with pure products specifically formulated for your skin condition. Arbonne has a Clear Advantage line for acne that consists of a dietary supplement to help with acne from the inside out along with a wash, toner, and moisturizer. All of Arbonne%26#039;s products are pure, safe, beneficial, result oriented, and do not contain ingredients such as alcohol, chemicals, mineral oil, acetone, etc. They also contain nanosphere technology which helps the products adjust to your specific skin type to help even out your skin tone. To learn more, you can click on my profile and visit my website. If you have any questions, I%26#039;ll be happy to help you.|||generally, hormonal fluctuation, dietary habits....|||I%26#039;d disagree with anyone who tells you it is food (it really doesn%26#039;t help when people put out that myth, because a pimply kid who eats healthy may find their acne does not go away - leading to dismay when they expected a change in diet would cure the condition).





Is the new place more polluted?





I think pollution in the air could do it.





Maybe your skin is later to mature than most?





i%26#039;d agree about stress causing acne. Moving is a very stressful thing to do. Perhaps if you have not moved places before, it is even more stressful. Perhaps it would then settle down eventually once you are all settled in.





It might also possibly be some other skin condition that resembles acne perhaps.





Might be worth seeing a doctor / gp as dioxin can poison someone and cause some bad things like acne to appear on the face.





THere are some great new medicines for acne you might be able to get if you see a doctor.|||unhealthy skin is due abnormal keratinization this is due to vitamin A deficiency.


the abnormal keratinization leads to closure of the opening of the sebaceous(fat secreting) glands which leads to acne.


you can use a face cream containing retinoic acid(tretinoin),


or tablets containing etretinate or isotretinoin.


all these substances are vit-A derivatives|||Could be the move.....You were used to the water that you used at the old location....now you have moved this could be hard water or something to that effect. Also change in climate....that could be a factor....you have to remember you were in one place and left and moved somewhere else....so take those things into consideration....





I would go see a doct and get some help!

No comments:

Post a Comment