Friday, January 8, 2010

Best way to get rid of adult acne?

Hi!





So, I am 22, and I have never really had what you would describe as problem skin.. maybe a few zits here and there while going through puberty. Within the last month or so, my face has gotten out of control... there seems to be new zit everyday and I don%26#039;t know what is causing it... what is the best way to treat it without causing more acne? I have very sensitive skin... right now i%26#039;m just using cetephyl and an astringent to dry out the zit. Please help!





Thanks :)|||If you are popping your pimples then that is what is causing you to break out more. Keep your hands OFF your face.





Go see a dermatologist. I had the same problem as you and it was all due to the fact that I kept picking at my acne, making it a lot worse. My dermatologist prescribed me a steroid cream and prednisone for my acne and scabs from popping my pimples and Ativan for anxiety. Stress and anxiety can cause you to break out and pick your face. The steroid cream and Ativan have helped me in so many ways.





Please go see a dermatologist, you will be glad you did once your acne clears up. There are so many medications the doctor can prescribe that will heal your face very quickly. My face healed in two weeks...and it was REALLY bad.





I know how devastating it is to have a skin problem after years of perfect skin. It is a nightmare... if you go to a dermatologist your nightmare will be over fast.





Good luck to you.|||I%26#039;ve tried alot of things even that stuff listed before my answer and had no luck. Antibiotics worked for me for a while but as soon as I got off them, the acne came right back. Try this: http://www.skinid.com/econsumer/clearski鈥?/a>


I%26#039;ve been on it for 3 weeks and my skin looks SOO much better. Good luck and hang in there.|||You should not use a drying agent like astringent. Go to highonhealth.org|||PROACTIV!!!!!!! it really works :) gud luck|||Since you did not have major problem while going through puberty, I will try two approaches


1. Use Pepto Bismol, It works good on sensitive skin and its cheap


2. Take Vitamin B5, Vitamin C





http://www.indiacurry.com/women/acnehome鈥?/a>


Pink Mask (Pepto-Bismol) for Whiteheads


Do Not use on Dry skin.


Pepto-Bismol is a gentle product formulated for the human stomach. Use warm water to wash your face. Apply about 2 teaspoons to your face, and leave it on for about 25 minutes. Wash away with warm water. Use two times a day.


You may use %26#039;Milk Of Magnesia%26#039; just like Pepto-Bismol. I prefer Pepto-Bismo





http://www.indiacurry.com/women/acnevita鈥?/a>


Acne and Vitamin Supplements


Foods do not cause Acne, but Vitamins can help.


Vitamin A


Vitamin A is good to strengthen the skin. Overdose can lead to pimples, complications during pregnancy and menstruation. To reduce the impacts of overdose, significant part of Vitamin A should be taken as Beta Carotene (7,500 IU0, and a small amount Vitamin A as Retinol (up to 2,500 IU).


B Vitamins


Various studies indicate that Vitamins B3, B5, and B6 are helpful. Some nutritionist recommend large dosages of Vitamin B5 for Acne. Following may be used as a daily intake guide


B3: 250 mg per day


B6: 150 mg per day


B5: 150 mg per day





Antioxidants


Vitamin E, and Vitamin C play a significant part for healthy skin.


E: 400 IU per day


C: 1, 000 mg per day





Zinc


25 mg per day

No comments:

Post a Comment